MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Pay: Negotiable depending on experience
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Glossop, Derbyshire, UK
Pressure Tech is a rapidly growing engineering company specialising in high pressure regulators and valves, used primarily in the Oil & Gas sector. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work on product design and development covering our extensive range of products.
We are looking for an individual with a good working knowledge of medium/high pressure equipment including valves, fittings and regulators. A good understanding of hydraulics and fluid handling systems would be advantageous, as would knowledge of ASME 16.34 and 31.3. You will also need to be able to do manual calculations to support design concepts.
You will need a high level of competence in using Autodesk Inventor; experience of Autodesk Vault, FEA, and CFD, would also be advantageous. The role covers existing designs as well as developing and designing new product concepts. You will also be responsible for assembly and testing of new designs and writing test procedures to support the release of these products to market.
To be successful, you will need the following skills and experience:
· Mechanical Engineering degree;
· Minimum of 2 years mechanical design experience, ideally in a pressure-related industry;
· Good knowledge and understanding of pressure equipment operation and functionality;
· Experienced Autodesk designer;
· Ability to create 2D drawings from models and verify design by calculations;
· Understand various material properties, with ability to recognise potential suitability;
· Understand product “life” and importance of product validation;
· Analytical with an enquiring mind, with the ability to find solutions to problems;
· Able to work independently and to manage several tasks at once;
· Able to work at a good pace and respond to deadlines;
· Flexible approach to work and problem solving;
· An interest in research and development, and in ensuring that products meet with customers’ expectations.
Reporting directly to our Senior Design Manager this is an excellent opportunity to be involved with a small dynamic company and to build on future opportunities within our growing business. We are looking for applicants who can provide solutions to any situations that may arise and bring a positive ‘can do’ approach to their work.
Interested applicants please send your CV to email@example.com
Published: 1st August 2019